domingo, 27 de enero de 2013

INTERVIEW: TJ Thyne


TJ Thyne, the actor who plays Dr. Jack Hodgins on the popular FOX series, "Bones" has given us a few minutes of his time to answer our questions. Few weeks later it was confirmed the renewal of the show for a ninth season this is what he said:


1. Why did you accept this paper role?

I was at a time in my life where I said "I want to be a series regular on a Show" I tested for several pilots that pilot season, including a few roles on The Office, then I got a call from Greg Yaitanes who was directing the pilot of a show called "Brennan" later changed to BONES.

He said "there's a part you aren't right for, but I have a feeling you may put a spin on it so I want you to give it a go"

It was written as an older character who always wore shorts and had big bottle glasses and looked like a bug. I read it and thought...this is a great character! I love the writing but I wanted to play him young and eager and playful and opinionated instead of as written. So when I went to the audition, that's how I played him. Hart Hanson and Barry Josephson were there and we hit it off right away. The rest is history ;)

2. Which is the best of working on BONES set?

We have the best cast and the greatest crew. It's like going to work everyday with a room full of friends. That's the best part.

3. What is the first you like of the character?


I like that he's quirky. He's off the beaten path, he's got his own way of doing things and I love how enthusiastic he gets about his job. Most of all, I love that he's a romantic.

4. Have you always wanted to be an actor?
Yes. Ever since I can remember. And every day I wake up and smile wide that I am doing what I love! I love acting. Ill do it for 120 years if I can.

5. Dr.Hodgins love insects, do you?
I HATE BUGS! Haha. I mean, I'm not jumpy around them like Tamara with spiders or Michaela with Cockroaches (and of course I act like a little brother and run around the set with bugs in my hand chasing Tamara and Michaela as often as I possibly can. But in the end, jack Hodgins likes bugs And I think he's crazy haha.

6. You have fans around the world, what does it mean for you?

That makes me very very happy! I want to travel the world and meet them all!!

7. Who is the funniest person of the BONES cast?


Hmmm that's hard because everyone in the set is hysterical! For some reason Tamara and I can not do a scene with each other without cracking up. We make each other laugh hysterically and then the crew starts laughing and it becomes contagious and suddenly everyone on set can't stop laughing, I love that.

8. What things have you got in common with Jack Hodgins?

Not bugs. Haha. And not conspiracy theories. But other then that, almost everything. In the early seasons I played Jack as a guy with anger managment problems mad at the world and didn't trust anyone. But..over the years I thought "man, it's not fun coming to work and playing pissed off and annoyed all the time" and as we kept getting picked up for more and more seasons I thought...I gotta make this guy more chill. So I gave him my sense when it comes to humor and romance and familiy.

9. I know you can not reveal more details and if there will be more seasons, but If it stills on the grip, what would you like to happen to Dr. Hodgins?

So much will be revealed in season 8 that I can't answer this without spoiling things so...I guess I'll have to wink and run the other way from this question.

10. Which character would you have liked to represent if you had not been Dr.Hodgins?
Jack Stanley Hodgins IV! That's the only character on bones I ever wanted to play. I like him.

 

It was amazing to do an interview with TJ, I hope everyone to enjoy this interview as I enjoyed doing it. Thank you again TJ! And thank you as always to all our readers!


Interview by: Elisa Pérez (@ella_9097)

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario